Keep in mind, this poll was written just as the cruise in question was underway…
What do you think is going to be the biggest "surprise" to come out of the first cruise to Cuba from the US in years?
- The Castro bros will practice price gouging to squeeze as many dollars as they can out of the cruise passengers. (67%, 2 Votes)
- After promising Cuban Americans could travel on the cruise, the Cuban government backtracks and makes them pay some exorbitant "disembarking" fee or something similar (33%, 1 Votes)
- The cruise passengers are going to "volunteer" to cut sugar cane for an "authentic" experience. (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 3
Blowing the dust off this thing…
Yeah, I know as I post this it’s late February, not March. But this poll question has a certain shelf life so I thought I’d get a little head start (especially since I have posted or done polls in years…).
Will Fidel Castro die before Obama can visit him?
- Fidel's already dead, Obama's just going to take "Weekend at Bernie's" selfies with the corpse (60%, 3 Votes)
- No (40%, 2 Votes)
- Yes (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 5
What do you think of the new forced re-design of the site?
- What re-design?!?!?! (57%, 24 Votes)
- Good (24%, 10 Votes)
- Ugly (17%, 7 Votes)
- Bad (2%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 42
Fidel Castro recently admitted he was guilty of a "great injustice" for the poor treatment of homosexuals in Cuba during the 60s and 70s. What other great injustices are he and his cohorts guilty of
- All of the above plus way too many more to list here (85%, 34 Votes)
- Summary executions of political opponents (8%, 3 Votes)
- Destruction and separation of families (5%, 2 Votes)
- Theft of property (3%, 1 Votes)
- The sinking of the "13 de Marzo" and shootdown of unarmed Brothers to the Rescue Cessnas (0%, 0 Votes)
Total Voters: 40
What do you think of the new site design?
- I like it - it's more organized than before (59%, 10 Votes)
- It sucks - bring back the old design! (41%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 17
Did you go to any of the March protests for the Ladies in White (Miami, L.A., etc.)?
- No (72%, 36 Votes)
- Yes (28%, 14 Votes)
Total Voters: 50
What do you think was the biggest Cuba-related news story this past February?
- The murder of hunger striker and political prisoner Orlando Zapata Tamayo (50%, 25 Votes)
- The continued imprisonment of humanitarian Alan P. Gross for handing out cellphones and laptops in Cuba (12%, 6 Votes)
- Brazilian President Lula's visit to Cuba and moribund dictator Fidel Castro (10%, 5 Votes)
- Raul Castro is the guest of "honor" at The Summit of Latin American and Caribbean Unity in Mexico (8%, 4 Votes)
- Castro regime torturer Ramiro Valdes goes to Venezuela to "help" them with their electricity problems (8%, 4 Votes)
- Seven Cuban doctors suing Cuba and Venezuela in the U.S. after they were forced to work to pay off Venezuela for supplying Cuba with cheap oil (6%, 3 Votes)
- A group of Canadian tourists stranded at an airport in Cuba with little food and water (4%, 2 Votes)
- A U.S. diplomatic delegation meets with Cuban dissidents, drawing criticism from the regime's apparatchiks (2%, 1 Votes)
Total Voters: 50
Did you go to the Los Van Van concert in Miami
- Not just no, but hell no (64%, 28 Votes)
- Yes, I'm a mindless drone brainwashed by leftist educators at best, or a flat out commie-sympathizing Castro apologist at worst (36%, 16 Votes)
Total Voters: 44
The rumors are bubbling up yet again that Fidel Castro has finally kicked el cubo. What do you think?
- He's not dead (yet) but any minute now... (37%, 40 Votes)
- He's alive and probably has a few more years left. (36%, 39 Votes)
- He's already dead, Raul is just waiting for the opportune moment to make the official announcement. (28%, 30 Votes)
Total Voters: 109