…over word that if he’s not actually dead yet, Fidel Castro is on his deathbed.
- We had the story just last night that Castro parrot Hugo Chavez said you won’t be seeing Castro in public anymore.
- Babalu Blog has posted several items–here, here and here, for example–and they’re even taking a poll on the subject.
- The Miami Herald has an article about Fidel Castro’s health.
- A Spanish (as in, from Spain) newspaper called “Cuba Encuentro” (Cuba Encounter) is noting rumors of Fidel Castro’s death are coming up again (link is in Spanish) because of his apparent absence from the public eye (he hasn’t “written” any op-ed pieces in at least four weeks, despite such events as his
revoltingrevolution’s anniversary, for example).
- The Associated Press via Yahoo! News is saying pretty much the same thing.
- El Pais (The Nation), another Spanish newspaper, notes movements in Cuba’s Interior Ministry and its Armed Forces (link is in Spanish).
Meanwhile, as I write this, Drudge has nothing about the Fidel Castro rumors.
Stay tuned, boys and girls. This really could be it!